- Help with resizing an image from the web. (337629 resizer views)
- How do I crop someone out of a picture ... (310630 resizer views)
- How do I get the exact image resolution of ... (305743 resizer views)
- How can I resize a picture in inches? For ... (303747 resizer views)
- How do I add the resized picture to MySpace? ... (301112 resizer views)
- What does the "Don't Resize" button mean? (297480 resizer views)
- What's the difference between JPG and PNG image formats? ... (291638 resizer views)
- Why is my picture blurry when i make it ... (284622 resizer views)
- How do I enter a picture from my files ... (249189 resizer views)
- How do I rotate my image? (241202 resizer views)
- How do I rotate my image? (2011-07-19 17:13)
- How do I get the exact image resolution of ... (2011-07-19 04:19)
- Help with resizing an image from the web. (2011-07-19 04:13)
- How can I make an image be a specific ... (2009-09-06 22:00)
- I was sent an email recently with pictures imbedded ... (2009-09-06 21:53)
What is a PNG file?
PNG (Portable Network Graphics) is a bitmap image format that employs lossless data compression. PNG was created to both improve upon and replace the GIF format with an image file format that does not require a patent license to use. PNG is officially pronounced as "ping" (/pɪŋ/ in IPA), but it is often just spelled out.
PNG compression produces files that are generally of a larger size than comparable JPG images, but PNG files are compressed in a way that completely preserves image quality. PNG is pretty much the best quality you can get, but files compressed via PNG are not as small as JPG files. Generally, if you're just going for average quality, a JPG at medium quality will be "good enough" with a very high compression ratio.
Ready to Resize? Go to Resizr, the Image Resizer.
- What's the difference between JPG and PNG image formats?
- Some photos stored on my computer are in PSF format. What is that, and how can I convert them to JPG?
- Is there an API or similar solution that I can automate using a php file along with a Cron job to automatically downsize my images and save them to my webserver?
- I have my digital pix in the Kodak Easy Share system. When I click on "browse" as instructed, then try to open my Kodak program, I get a message that I first need to upload a file. How do I get to my pix in the Kodak albums?
- How do I get my image's file size to be small? I want my image to be less than 7kb
235100/69%Last update: 2006-08-15 21:15